Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Last Chance


Just watched Glee's newest episode "Shooting Stars" (even though I was supposed to write for my creative nonfic class), which tackled school shooting in the vantage point of the kids hiding in the classrooms, and although it was cheesy (like it always is) it really made me think: if I was one of those kids, if there was a shooting at Brown U, God forbid, and I could be dead in the next few hours, what would I want to say as my last words? Who would I think of in my last hours? Did I achieve enough in my life to die without regret? What would people remember me by?

I mean I have thought about those questions but that episode made me think about it again in a more earnest way.

Just in case they don't remember because I don't express this often enough --

To Mom, Dad, Sahee unni, Rachael: I love you all, even though I never call you enough, even though I don't always think of you 24/7, I love you and miss you. I don't know what I would do without you.

-- Margi



No comments:

Post a Comment